On the 12th of October Jörgen Held acted as the faculty opponent when Laura Malek, Lund university, defended her PhD thesis “Renewable gas in a Swedish context”.
The examination committe consisted of Kristin Holmgren, IVL, Ola Wallberg, Lund University and Klas Engvall, Royal Institute of Technology.
The thesis deals with possible improvements related to implementation and expansion of SNG in Sweden on three different levels: national distribution, industrial production and specific plant improvements.
Renewtec AB was engaged by in the BioProGReSs project as WP leader of the communication and dissemination activities.
BioProGReSs revolved around advanced syngas cleaning based on Chemial Looping Reforming and a new innovative continuous online tar analyzer (CON-TAR) developed by Technische Universität Berlin.
The public version of the BioProGReSs final report has been published as an ISSN numbered Renewtec Report (Renewtec Report 007:2018).
Click here to download the report (3 MB).
Here you can read the summary in English
Three production routes were included namely; Anaerobic digestion, Gasification and Power-to-gas.
For those interested I can recommend 5th International Conference on Renewable Energy Gas Technology, REGATEC 2018, 3-4 May in Toulouse. Here 60+ leading experts will present the latest advances within Anaerobic digestion, Gasification and Power-to-gas.
The conference will be opened by the Industrial Director of ENGIE, the President of the European Biogas Association and the EUROGAS General Secretary.
For more info www.regatec.org
The Baltic Energy Innovation Centre is a non-profit making association with activities focused on innovative energy technology in general, and biogas and biomethane related development in particular.
The association was founded by Lithuanian Energy Institute, Institute for Biogas, Waste Management & Energy and Renewable Energy Technology International AB.
The general assembly appointed Dr. Jörgen Held as the Executive Manaing Director on the 20th of June 2017.
The 5th edition of International Conference on Renewable Energy Gas Technology, REGATEC 2018 takes place at Radisson BLU in Toulouse, France 3-4 May 2018.
France is becoming the new hotspot for biomethane due to the strong political will and the high feed-in tariff. We are happy to bring REGATEC to France and provide a platform for the AD, gasification and Power-to-gas community.
DNV GL’s forecast of the energy transition shows that gas will become the largest single source of energy from 2035 towards 2050.
More info is to be found in the GNV Magazine market news.
The development of the natural gas infrastructure and market will remove two of the main barriers for introduction of renewable methane, namely the need for infrastructure and the public awareness of using a gaseous fuel. Natural gas and renewable methane are miscible in any proportion and it’s just to inject the renewable methane into the natural gas grid to reach all customers connected to the gas grid. Methane is the most versatile fuel and can be used with higher efficiency and lower emissions than any other commercially available renewable fuel.
Renewable methane can be produced from a multitude of feedstocks/substrates and through bio-, electro- and thermochemical conversion, e.g.:
- Anaerobic digestion of waste followed by cleaning and upgrading to biomethane
- Renewable methane formed by hydrogen from stranded or excessive electricity in combination with carbon dioxode
- Gasification of lignocellulosic feedstock followed by gas cleaning and methanation
For any one interested in renewable methane the annual International Conference on Renewable Energy Gas Technology, REGATEC is a must. Last year’s edition had 210 participants from 24 countries, 13 sponsors and 42 exhibitors.
Biogas Channel has made an interview with Jörgen Held regarding production of biomethane through thermal gasification and methanation.
REGATEC 2017 takes place 22-23 May in Pacengo, Italy. The conference revolves around biomethane through biogas upgrading, biomass gasification/methanation and Power-to-gas.
The programme is finalized and 70+ presentations from renowned experts, an extensive exhibition and scheduled B2B meetings (Network Plus) makes REGATEC 2017 a vibrant hotspot for the biogas, gasification and P2G community.
REGATEC 2017 has already set a new all-time-high in terms of number of sponsors (13), exhibitors (41) and participants (170+).
For more info visit www.regatec.org
The Swedish Energy Agency has appointed Jörgen Held as an expert reviewer in relation to the call “Insatser för att minska processindustrins utsläpp av växthusgaser” (actions to reduce the GHG emissions from industrial processes).
The government has allocated approx. 50 MSEK (~5.2 MEUR) for the call which closed on the 3rd of April.
4th International Conference on Renewable Energy Gas Technology, REGATEC 2017, takes place 22-23 May in Pacengo (Verona), Italy. The conference revolves around renewable methane and has a technical and industrial focus. For more info www.regatec.org.
- Italy is the leading country in Europe when it comes to NGVs (natural gas vehicles) and filling stations for compressed methane. In fact almost 75% of all NGVs in Europe are Italian.
- The new Italian decree on biomethane, favouring biomethane as vehicle fuel, will be presented at the conference.
- A new platform for cross border biomethane trading will be presented.
- There are several synergies between the three sectors (AD, gasification and P2G) that are waiting to be exploited. A whole session in plenary is dedicated to synergies between the different biomethane production paths.
- Listen to 60+ leading experts presenting the latest advances within biogas upgrading, gasification/methanation and Power-to-gas. The conference will be opened by the Head of Research and Development of Consorzio Italiano Biogas e Gassificazione and the Eurogas policy advisor.
- Get an insight to the renewable methane development in China. Presented by the executive director of China Biogas Association,
- Take part in Network Plus, an efficient way to get to know you peers and connect to new business or collaboration partners.
- Since natural gas is predicted to overtake the role as the dominating fuel during this century the interest and business opportunities for renewable methane will increase.
- Visit the exhibition where leading biogas, gasification and Power-to-gas companies and research institutes will highlight their products and services. On the biogas side all upgrading technologies are present, i.e. chemical scrubbing, organic physical scrubbing, water scrubbing, PSA, membranes and cryogenic upgrading.
- The conference takes place in Parchi del Garda, the largest hotel and congress centre in the lake Garda and Verona region. Enjoy the Italian hospitality, the delicious food, the fantastic scenery (the venue is situated 900 m from the shores of lake Garda). Why not combine the conference with a visit to the medieval and romantic city of Verona?