4th International Conference on Renewable Energy Gas Technology, REGATEC 2017, takes place 22-23 May in Pacengo (Verona), Italy. The conference revolves around renewable methane and has a technical and industrial focus. For more info www.regatec.org.
- Italy is the leading country in Europe when it comes to NGVs (natural gas vehicles) and filling stations for compressed methane. In fact almost 75% of all NGVs in Europe are Italian.
- The new Italian decree on biomethane, favouring biomethane as vehicle fuel, will be presented at the conference.
- A new platform for cross border biomethane trading will be presented.
- There are several synergies between the three sectors (AD, gasification and P2G) that are waiting to be exploited. A whole session in plenary is dedicated to synergies between the different biomethane production paths.
- Listen to 60+ leading experts presenting the latest advances within biogas upgrading, gasification/methanation and Power-to-gas. The conference will be opened by the Head of Research and Development of Consorzio Italiano Biogas e Gassificazione and the Eurogas policy advisor.
- Get an insight to the renewable methane development in China. Presented by the executive director of China Biogas Association,
- Take part in Network Plus, an efficient way to get to know you peers and connect to new business or collaboration partners.
- Since natural gas is predicted to overtake the role as the dominating fuel during this century the interest and business opportunities for renewable methane will increase.
- Visit the exhibition where leading biogas, gasification and Power-to-gas companies and research institutes will highlight their products and services. On the biogas side all upgrading technologies are present, i.e. chemical scrubbing, organic physical scrubbing, water scrubbing, PSA, membranes and cryogenic upgrading.
- The conference takes place in Parchi del Garda, the largest hotel and congress centre in the lake Garda and Verona region. Enjoy the Italian hospitality, the delicious food, the fantastic scenery (the venue is situated 900 m from the shores of lake Garda). Why not combine the conference with a visit to the medieval and romantic city of Verona?
The Italian decree from 2013 regarding biomethane regulations will be replaced by a new one in early 2017. The new decree will favour biomethane as transport fuel.
Italy is the most advanced European country when it comes to nr of filling stations and use of methane (natural gas) as vehicle fuel. Having the infrastructure in place and a public awareness of using methane as vehicle fuel Italy has already overcome the two main barriers for large scale implementation of biomethane as vehicle fuel.
The NGV fleet and number of filling stations continues to grow. 885,000 NGVs in 2014 compared to 970,000 NGVs in 2015. 1,100 CNG and L-CNG/LNG stations in 2015 compared to 990 in 2014. Almost 75% of the European NGV fleet is in Italy.
Since 2016, owners of passenger cars and light commercial vehicles in Italy are being encouraged to convert their vehicles to CNG as part of a new round of incentives made available by Italy’s Ministry of Environment. This scheme offers EUR 1.8 million to support alternative fuels.
Italy remains dedicated to the development of NGVs and encourages other countries to follow the leading example of the Italian industry and government.
Italy has 1,391 biogas plants and as the feed-in tariff for green electricity is phased out it’s natural to look for biomethane dedicated to the transportation sector as an alternative. This implies a huge opportunity for biogas upgrading companies.
It’s not a coincidence that we chose Italy as the location for 4th International conference on Renewable Energy Gas Technology, REGATEC 2017. The conference revolves around renewable methane of vehicle fuel quality produced through anaerobic digestion/upgrading, biomass gasification/methanation and Power-to-gas. For more info www.regatec.org
Energy Insight with more than 40,000 visitors per month highlights REGATEC 2017.
Click on the picture or the headline to see the full page.
4th International Conference on Renewable Energy Gas Technology
European Biogas Association (EBA) publishes an annual “Companies Catalogue” with leading companies and organisations within biogas technology.
The catalogue can be downloaded from the EBA website at http://european-biogas.eu/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Companies-Catalogue-2017-web1.pdf