Renewable Energy Technology International AB (Renewtec) was founded on the 1st of April 2012 with Dr. Jörgen Held as managing director. Dr. Held has a long record within the energy sector as the former managing director of the Swedish Gas Technology Centre, the head of research at CEDER/CIEMAT in Spain, research manager at the Swedish Energy Agency, PhD in fluid mechanics and MSc in energy technology.
Renewtec is active within the following areas:
– Research and development,
– Consultancy and
– Conference activities.
7th International Conference on Renewable Energy Gas Technology, REGATEC 2020
Why renewable energy?
Renewtec has the ambition to contribute to a better environment and more efficient production and utilization of different energy carriers or fuels in the transformation to a sustainable energy system. Here, the renewable energy sources play a central part, biogas, biomethane through gasification and methanation, windpower and biomass based CHP to mention a few. Renewtec is convinced that it’s possible to convert to a sustainable energy system due to the following reasons:
– The energy in the incoming sun radiation during one hour exceeds the world´s total annual energy demand!!!
– Utilization of fossil fuels will be a parenthesis in the history of mankind.
– How long this parenthesis will be there are different opinions about. Independent of one’s view it is reasonable to assume that the price of fossil fuels will increase as the demand rises and the availability decreases.
– Add to this political ambitions to increase the security of supply and reduce the emissions of carbon dioxide and harmful emissions.
– This means that the conditions for renewable alternatives in relation to the fossil fuels will improve.
The transition to a sustainable energy system will require powerful instruments in combination with extensive research and development efforts. The major part of the R & D activities take place on the international scene. Renewtec has the ambition to actively participate in R & D activities, to conduct technology surveillance in the field of renewable energy and contribute to the transfer of knowledge, results and experiences.